Although it may sound daunting to replace your office carpet if you have furniture it is actually not. We have carried out this service every weekend for over 20 years and have mastered it so it is stress-free for our clients.
Every project for us follows the same process:
- Labelling - we label chairs and their desks the move all chairs out of the way
- Uplift - we take up as much of the old flooring as we can without touching the furniture.
- Hydraulic lifters - Our lifting equipment is brought in to gently lift all the furniture only 1 inch off the floor.
- Fitting - We complete the uplift and then install the new carpet tiles.
- Tidy up - We then remove the equipment, return the chairs, hoover and leave the office looking brand new
Furnished offices with carpet tiles are the easiest. The furniture only has to be lifted a few inches to allow us to swap out the carpet tiles. We use hydraulic equipment to lift banks of desks at the same time. As long as there is enough slack on the wires, there will be no downtime to your business.
If you have sheet carpet in your offices, this is a bit more tricky but totally doable, and we regularly carry this out. For the Mexican Embassy in London W1, we carried out a ‘lift and shift’ carpet replacement moving all their furniture. Replacing sheet carpet does take longer, and all IT equipment has to be disconnected, but we can still have your office up and running for Monday morning.
In our experience barrister offices always have the most office paperwork. We have brought in professional office moving companies that crate up and store paperwork while we do the office carpet replacement. We take care of all of this, so you just need to pick your flooring and carrying on running your business.
To book a free site visit for your office or simply learn more about our industry-leading floor fitting services, get in touch today.