Laminate flooring is a thin photo impressed plank onto a composite board with a transparent wear layer over the top. When clients come to us asking for laminate for their office flooring, we explain what it is and then discuss better products for them. Here are the 5 key reasons why not to use laminate flooring in your offices:
- If the top layer gets chipped, there is no substance to the material, and it will show the underboard straight away.
- All the laminate boards interlock and therefore you can not swap one board if it gets damaged.
- Laminate flooring is installed as a thin ‘floating’ layer so the acoustic values are inferior and will give huge sound bounce both air-borne and through the floor.
- The wear layer is very thin and will wear out quickly with too much foot traffic.
- Laminate flooring does not like water. If water gets through to the composite board, then it will expand and blow the flooring.
What are the alternatives to laminate flooring to your offices?
Luxury vinyl tiles such as Amtico and Karndean would be our first recommendation. There are lots of manufacturers making this type of product at similar pricing to laminate. We can help guide you through to the most suitable product for your budget.
Carpet tiles are always worth considering for your office flooring. There are lots of stylish designs that can create a sleek modern look without the expense of vinyl flooring or laminate.
Please call us on 0207 739 5051 to discuss in further detail.